Brooks Bell Inc. is a testing, optimization, and personalization consulting and services firm focused on serving enterprise organizations. The company empowers top brands to build and scale enterprise-level testing programs that seek to grow existing online revenue and customer acquisition.
The company is adding a Software Engineer to our new product team. In this role you will be part of a small, startup-like team focused on building a SaaS application to take to market. You will be given a high level of responsibility with the freedom and the potential to make an immediate impact. Our team is small and nimble, and thus we are looking for someone who considers him/herself a strong full stack developer with a “swiss army knife” of skills and technical capabilities. It can be expected that this role will require you to think about and code in every area of the application - from the user interface to the database schemas and everything in between.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop an enterprise API application using Rails and MySQL and web
application using Node.js, Express.js, and Angular.js
- Work with a small development team through all phases of product development
including design, implementation and release.
- Channel your inner Steve Jobs to roll with the challenges and triumphs common in early-stage projects
To join our forces, you’ll need:
- Previous experience building enterprise SaaS applications
- Mastery of at least one OO programming knowledge, preferably Ruby or Java
- Expertise in building and consuming REST web services
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Passionate test-driven mindset and commitment to refactoring and tuning
- Ability to thrive in an agile-esque environment of fast iterations
and short release cycles
- Devotion to continuous integration and version control systems,
such as git
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
We’re especially looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(K) with matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short and Long-term Disability
- 16 Days PTO plus 10 Company Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Free snacks
This job is located in the Brooks Bell Inc. office in Raleigh, NC.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position.
Why Work at Brooks Bell
- Voted to Triangle Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work’ in 2012,
2013 & 2014
- Work with talented, energized, and happy people
- Cool amenities such as a bar, beer on tap, ping pong, exercise room
and nap room