We have an immediate opening for a smart, motivated team player with at least 2 years of full-stack Rails experience to develop and maintain our Rails applications in order to grow the company and improve
We are searching for a highly adaptive, motivated and talented software developer to join our team. You must possess strong coding abilities, intense intellectual curiosity and a self-motivated, proactive mindset. You should enjoy working with both code and people, possessing the ability to work in a team atmosphere, and provide troubleshooting support to coworkers (analysts within the Client Services Department).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is part of a Software Development team that develops internal web applications that boost in-house power and efficiency. These applications support our client services teams as they work with our agency's online advertising clients. As part of the team, you will use Rails and related technologies to add new features, fix bugs and troubleshoot other issues for our internet marketing analysts.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Troubleshoot issues with new or existing features based on feedback from users.
- Confirm correctness of solution through automated tests.
- Work to maintain expert-level knowledge of various technologies; stay on top of industry trends to understand what new challenges the client services teams are facing and what tools could help alleviate such challenges.
- Document new features using feature specs, unit tests, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- 2+ years professional software development experience developing code for Ruby on Rails (in either full-stack or back end capacities).
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc.) with an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to internal team members, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop creative and efficient solutions to add new features and fix bugs within an existing Rails application.
- Experience using the Unix command line.Experience using a Version Control System (preferably Git).
- Ability to troubleshoot, communicate with team members, and design solutions for software issues.
- Solid time management and project management skills.
- Ability to type 50+ wpm.
- Collegiate-level Computer Science coursework (minor/major in CS is a plus).
- Experience working with Resque or any other background jobs library in Ruby.
- Experience with RSpec or any other Ruby testing framework.
- Experience working with Google APIs.Experience with OS X.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
About ROI Revolution
ROI Revolution manages measurable, ROI-driven online marketing campaigns for online retailers, large and small. Our team of 110+ works with clients throughout the USA, Canada and seven additional countries worldwide from our Raleigh, NC office. Our office is located a little over a mile from the North Hills shopping center, full of great places to eat and shop.
As a Google Authorized Consulting Partner, ROI Revolution is experiencing significant growth. Further, we are often privy to cutting-edge developments in the ever-changing Internet landscape as a result of our 10+ year partnership with Google. When you join the ROI Revolution team, you'll have the opportunity to help us help our clients achieve ROI-driven marketing results, learn about ground-breaking announcements before the news goes public, and meet Google insiders.
All developers are provided with access to a Mac, educational books, a full kitchen stocked with unlimited free sodas, cereal, juice, coffee and all kinds of goodies, and complimentary catered plate lunches in the office every Friday. We offer highly competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with a generous company match.
By visiting our website, you'll see that we are a bright, growing company with lots of opportunity. Empowerment, teamwork, flexibility, focus and vision, combined with a strong financial foundation is the key to our company's success. If you are looking for the perfect challenge and a chance to use your development skills to drive company growth and efficiency, send us your resume and cover letter today!
Think you've got what it takes? Submit your resume and cover letter to our careers page today!